Monday, December 4, 2006

Of Darkness, Optimism and Light

I have known a remarkable woman for several years. She is an amazing lady with a keen insight into the inner workings of the universe, and had known a perfect balance between positive thoughts, right focused action. She had pulled me out of disappointment several times with all FAITH.

Did I mention she is the most wonderful woman I have ever met. :-)

Anyway today I have seen her very lost( i use that for a lack of better word).

So here I attempt to remind her own lesson of Faith in my own words.

Guys I think this insight will most definitely help everone too.

Here we go...

Darkness, everyone will go through darkness right. I mean it is the nature of the universe.
Like we have discussed previously that is the core of the life's purpose.
So we need to come out of darkness. Of late this is what I have learnt.

This is the story of a General who was a POW in Vietnam war. He was captured by the enemies and tortured. His fingers cut off, and brutally mutilated. He was tortured by the worst kind.
But he survived remarkably and at the end he was reunited with his beloved wife and now leads a happy life.

When asked how he was able to survive, these were his words.

"I never lost faith in the end of the story. Inever doubted not only that I would get out, but also that I would prevail in the end and turn the experience into the defining event of my life, which in retrospect, I would not trade."

Wow. So that is the optimism that made him survive. Right? No Wrong.

Again when asked ok so Who did not make it?

He said, oh the Optimists.

What? The Optimists, I dont understand, you may say. Here is his answer.

"Yes the Optimists, they are the ones who said, We'are going to be out by Christmas, And Christmas would come and go. Then they would say we would be out by Easter.

Easter would come and go. And then Thanksgiving, and then it would be Chrsitmas again.

And they died of broken heart.

This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end - which you can never afford to lose - with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be"


Wow how profound is that?

I am the culprit of this undue optimism without the proper regard for the brutal facts.

I did so because I was in a rush to make a Queen Bee really a queen. But I guess I was wrong. It aint going to be hapening by Christmas.

But it will most certainly, and most definitely happen in the end.

So girl, we will get there. We will change the world. But it is going to take time and effort and lets plough through the course happily.

So long, to a happy, focused effort.

No comments: